- The fam and I have been sick for about a week. We’ve been sustaining ourselves with the best things on earth – Diet Seagrams ginger ale and Saltine mini’s. My food plan for the weekend? Lasagna, fried chicken and smothered pork chops. Hush!
- LittleTDJ is involved in a Pre-K program that begins every morning at 8am. Transportation is offered. I’m going to ignore the fact that he’s been in the program 2 weeks and finally the school folks talked to the bus folks to get him added to route. Without a phone call to say, bus service starts XYZ date or to let us know what time to expect his pickup, the bus shows up this morning. At 6:09am. School starts at 8:00am. Let that sink in please. Da hell???? The kids are 3 years old. Why are you here so early? Explanation, “Well, he’s near the beginning and we’ve got 10 more pick ups after him. Don’t worry, he’ll fall asleep. They all fall asleep.” I guess that do smart azz. So, you’re telling me to wake up my 3 year old at say 5:30 to get him dressed, fed and ready to sit on a school bus for 2 hours??? Negative!
- Crock pot fail – putting the noodles for your chicken noodle soup in too soon. I thought the digital readout said 30 minutes left, however it actually said 1 hr and 30 minutes. 30 minutes? Perfect egg noodles to compliment your crockpot meal. 1 hr and 30 minutes? Clumps and lumps of slimy, over cooked dough. Reminded me of the little globs of fat that folks leave when they don’t clean chicken well. Just ick. Called MamaTDJ to see if she had any words of wisdom to save the day. She laughed and then said, The only thing you can try to do is keep cooking it so that they completely disinegrate and the soup will get a thicker texture. I tried. I failed. Tossed the entire pot of soup.
- Our DVR is quite full these days. One show we’ve been keeping up with is Alcatraz. So far MrTDJ and I are liking it. Nice to see little Neela from ER back on the screen. Finally had enough of Private Practice last week and removed it from the DVR. I wanted to see what happened with Anika Noni Rose as Sam’s sister, but I just c.a.n.t. with he and Addison anymore.
- I’ve worked so hard to tone down my aggressive comments while driving. I talked much shat before LittleTDJ was born. But, realizing that kids are self programming recording devices, I changed things around instantly. Welp, when LittleTDJ and I walked into our house yesterday evening after a grueling commute, MrTDJ surprised him with some kind of red, SVU toy. LittleTDJ says, “Thanks Jerk!” Oops! I’ve tried to watch my tongue, but that damn that red Escalade that cut me off on the BW Parkway pissed me off! Thank goodness he didn’t mimic my gesture. My bad. I’ll do better.
- Still not ready to talk in full about Whitney, but heard a song pop into my iPod this morning from Tarrayln Ramsey. I sure hope that someone in charge of a potential future tribute to Ms. Houston taps her to sing. MrTDJ and I somehow ended up watching VH1 Born to Diva back in 2003. Tarrayln has a powerhouse voice that brought Whitney to mind instantly and she ended up winning the competition. I just looked her up. She’s been doing tons of background vocals, as well as some gospel, and it seems that she was on “The Voice” last year as well. This is the song that she recorded after winning and for her first album. I think I may have been the only person outside of her family/friends to buy her first album. I love her voice!
- I got an email from a distant cousin this morning asking if we had left her off of our Christmas card list because she just noticed that she hadn’t gotten one from us. 0_o Ummm, yeah, way to call me out. Nope, I told her, I didn’t send any this year. Maybe next year. Her email response to that, “Oh ok. Yeah, I told Mama that you hadn’t sent any but she said you were raised better than that, so there must have been a mistake.” Huh??? That sentence was way too loaded for me to respond, so I simply hit delete. Guess who really WON’T be getting one this year when I do send them out?
- A buddy in Texas sent me a can of “Slap Ya Mama” seasoning. Whew goodness!!! Where has this been all my life??? I’ve never seen it in any grocery stores in the DC area. Any of y’all ever try it? I don’t love the name, but the product is great. Flavorful with some nice heat. Guess I’ll be hitting her up for more in the future or ordering online!
- A big ole HOWDY to everyone reading this!! Just wanted you to know that I appreciate all the regulars that stop by and all the newbies that pop in. I love getting to know y’all through your comments, but I understand that many read and don’t comment. ‘Tis ok. I blog because it’s very theraputic for me to put pen to paper, or rather finger to keyboard. I love to express myself and I’d keep blogging even if no one read. However, I’m definitely happy that many read and enjoy!
What’s up in y’alls neck of the woods?