- I wish folks would evacuate the uterus of Mrs. Beyonce Knowles Carter. Congrats to Bey and Jay on the addition to the family! Whether they paid a surrogate, a Guatamalian immigrant, or Solange to carry the baby, does it matter? Maybe they traveled to Kenya, Brazil or Compton to adopt. Does it matter? Was the little princess was born yesterday, last week or last month, does it matter? Is her name Ivy Blue, Aunt Jemina or Sophia Patrillo, does it matter? Seriously???? This happy MARRIED couple wanted a child and they have one. Congrats to them and the newest future millionairess for Patty Stanger’s club!
- Easiest crockpot recipe ever – pick your protein (chicken, pork, turkey), throw it in the crockpot (frozen or thawed) with chopped up onion, green peppers and mushrooms, a packet of Hidd.en Val.ley Ranch dressing powder, a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup and VOILA! MrTDJ actually hates ranch dressing, but loves this recipe. I never share ingredients with him. Y’all can thank me later!
- Hmm, it seems that some didn’t like my post regarding my Blogland Secret Santa experience. Cue those violins again, would ya? Comments are ALWAYS welcome on my blog, even those that disagree with whatever my point of view may be. To those that chose to email me about it “not being that serious”, I’m curious as to why you emailed me instead of commenting on the post? Since this is MY BLOG, I decided that since Secret Santa had been talked about heavily here and on the blogs of other participants, it seemed reasonable and justified that I document my experience. In the big picture of the world and my life, nope, it wasn’t that serious and I didn’t imply that it was. MrTDJ and I are both gainfully employed and able to meet all our needs and most of our wants. However, it was definitely blog worthy. So, in the famous words of Rob Base, “You don’t like it, so what, I don’t care.”
- It seems that Grey’s Anatomy has regained some of it’s luster this season. I’ve been enjoying it. On the flipside, Private Practice is making me wish the DVR would fail. Thinking I might go ahead and let that one go home to glory. Anyone watching either or both?
- Reading books using the Kindle app on my iPad is awesome!!! I’ve purchased a couple, but mostly I scour Amazon for the free ones. And in case you didn’t know, your local library probably has an ereader program. Mine does and it’s pretty good. The selections aren’t vast, but I expect that to improve over time.
- Anyone planning to watch “House of Lies” premiering tonight at 10pm on Showtime? I love Don Cheadle, so I’m going to check it out. Showtime is on FIRE right now with good shows.
- MrTDJ begged me to make banana bread, so in an effort to be a fantastic wife, I did. I noticed that there was another unopened container of egg nog in the back of the fridge with an expiration date of 1/19/12. Don’t know how I missed that in last weeks dump session. Hmm, the wheels turned and I added it to the banana bread. DELICIOUS!! I simply subbed the egg nog for milk, took out one egg from my recipe and added an extra 1/4 for good measure. Now I’m seriously done with egg nog. The rest went down the sink.
- Pinterest seems kinda cool, but I haven’t the foggiest idea how to use it. Hmm, do I really want to? I think I spend quite enough time online. I’m putting that in my “NOPE” column with twitter.
- I’m not a big Tyrese fan, but his newish song, “Stay” is the bomb.com! Who knew the Coca Cola boy had it in him?
- Have you ever made a typo in a comment on my site, then submitted a second comment? Did you ever notice that your 2nd comment never shows up? Yup, I go in and fix your first comment. *lol* Can’t help it; it’s the English major in me.
What’s up in y’alls neck of the woods?