- It’s Secret Santa time in Blogland again and I’m excited! Many thanks to Pserendipity for organizing. My Secret Santa from last year DID THE DANG THING! Thanks again Gorgeous Puddin‘!! I should feel shamed that it’s been a year and I haven’t reported back to y’all on any of the fabulous things I cooked from the book. *lol* My bad! Rest assured they were tasty!! I need to bust out a few clues for my Secret Santa this year, so watch for my attempts at subtlety. =)
- I think I’m addicted to watching The Food Network. Scratch that. I don’t “think”, I KNOW I am. Right now, I’m deep into “The Next Iron Chef” and “Chef Hunter“. And of course, anytime my homeboy Guy Fieri is on with “Diner, Drive Ins and Dives“, it’s a happy time. I wish I could take a few weeks vacation and eat my way across the country with Guy! Y’all would watch me on TV, right????
- My crockpot and I are BEST FRIENDS!! I use that bad boy at least 3 days a week. I’ve got a few staple recipes like beef roast, pork roast, bbq chicken and turkey wings. I get creative too and so far I’ve been about 95% successful. Tip of the day: Chili powder intensifies GREATLY in the crockpot, so uh, be careful or you’ll ruin dinner.
- In the wake of Heavy D’s untimely death, I remembered that MrTDJ and I swapped CD’s in 12th grade. I lent him my “Blue Funk” CD in exchange for his Eric B and Rakim, “Don’t Sweat the Technique Album” CD. He never returned my “Blue Funk” CD. Say bruh, I’mma need that back! Just ’cause we got married doesn’t mean you can renege on trades! *lol*
- I was born in July, so I’m a Cancer crab and I love all things crab related. I even collect little crystal crabs.
- Homeland is everything that a TV series should be. I love it. If you’re not watching, you should be. Reminds me “Sleeper Cell” but with a bit more realism. Showtime definitely scored a home run with this one. Little Claire Danes all grown up, yet I can’t shake the image of her as Angela on “My So-Called Life“.
- Where hath the art of debate gone? Seems like folks have a really hard time debating any issue without making it personal and tossing in personal insults. Geez folks. Everyone has the right to their opinion, no matter how silly you think it is. *lol*
- I forget my hard drive with my Xmas music at home today. Dang! Pandora to the rescue. Typed in “Soul Holiday” and I’m now jamming to the sounds of MY xmas season. No thanks Mr. Crosby, I’m rolling with the O’Jay, The Ohio Players, Fred Hammond, Toni Braxton, Kirk Franklin and Mary J. The track above, “Happy Holidays” by the Ohio Players, is one of my favorites. Reminds me of the parents and I decking the tree and just puts me in a great mood!
- In case we’re not already playing Words with Friends, hit me up. My username is MrsTDJ. If we are already playing, please note – I have too many open games. So, if our game concludes, I need for you to send me a re-match. I can’t initiate any new games. #addictedtoWWF
- I’ve finally perfected my apple cobbler made with Splenda. Daddy TDJ and MrTDJ, both diabetics, are ecstatic and wondering what’s next. Ummm, me thinks they should enjoy the cobbler and hush up. Grinch status – No new recipes until 2012!
What’s up in y’alls neck of the woods?