Seriously, that’s what two of you took the time to email me last week! LMAO!!! Ok, ok, OK! Here I am. I’ve not been away or anything, just not able to make the time to blog. I’ve popped in on a few other blogs and left a couple of comments, but honestly, I took like a 2/3 week vacation from Blogland. But, I’m back now. Just like Labor Day signals the return to hellish traffic patterns in the DC Metro area (3 HOUR COMMUTE TODAY), so shall it signal my re-commitment to yapping over here. Here are a few random thoughts that have been floating through my head:
- My blackberry is still treating me like a wicked stepsister. Sometimes I get calls, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes my texts get delivered, sometimes they don’t. I simply can’t swallow the idea of buying a new phone. Go ahead, call me crazy.
- I’ve said it to folks directly, but maybe they’d prefer to read it on the blog. The golden hours to reach me by phone are 7-9 am and 5:30-7:30pm, during my morning and evening commutes. You’ll have my undivided attention. Other than that? Absolute crap shoot. Please don’t take offense if you call and I don’t have time to talk to you.
- Ugh! I need to keep a better hold on my calendar. I was excited about the idea of meeting some of you lovely ladies since the Blogalicious conference is coming to DC in October, but damn if I’m not double booked that Saturday. I’m gonna have to find a way to make Friday work.
- Cutting trees down is EXPENSIVE!!! Less expensive I suppose than having them fall and damage your house. Oh the joys of home ownership. If anyone in the metro area needs firewood, let a sista know!
- I must break my addiction to McDonald’s Sweet Iced Tea. I simply must!
- I promise to respond to all the couponing emails this week. And I’ll take pics of the receipt of the shopping trip that I have planned for this Thursday.Pinkie swear!
- Sunday, 9/4, was our wedding anniversary. MrTDJ and I had a great day, and as a kind of tradition, we like to look at our favorite photos from our wedding weekend. LittleTDJ joined us this time. A picture that I don’t think LittleTDJ has ever seen before flashed on the screen, he said, “Wow!!”, then leaned in to kiss the computer screen. MrTDJ and I both laughed and got a little misty eyed. Our son brings us such joy!!
- “Torchwood” is a pretty good show. Is anyone else watching???? It’s on the Starz channel, so maybe not! *lol* I’ve been digging Mekhi Phifer so much in that series that I actually watched “Paid in Full” the other night On Demand. I don’t know where I was in 2002 when that came out, but I enjoyed everything minus Cam-ron. Ugh!
What’s up in your world????