Hey ya’ll! Since everyone asked for the skinny on the receipt I posted last week, so I figured I’d do a post with some details. I guess I should start with some minor housekeeping type facts:
- I shop about twice a month, unless there are specific deals that I need to catch. If so, I may make small trips during lunch or something.
- My preferred store doubles manufacturer coupons with a face value of $0.99 or less.
- If an item costs more the face value, but less than the doubled amount, this particular store simply “doubles the coupon to make” the item free. Example: Item cost $0.89. Coupon is for $0.75. Coupon scans once for $0.75, then “doubles” and scans again for $0.4, making the item free. Got it?
- If an item is “Buy One, Get One Free”, this store allows me to use one coupon for each.
- I have tons of tips and strategies related to coupons, sales, etc. I actually taught a class a few months ago and had about 30 ladies in attendance. They were speechless. *lol* Folks have been begging me to start another blog. Eh, not sure about that but I’ll try to drop little gems for ya’ll from time to time.
Ok, with all that said, here’s a pic of representing most of what I bought:
This trip was specifically for Cheer.ios, Pepper.idge Farm Goldfish Crackers, and jars of baby food. My stagers, MrTDJ and LittleTDJ, abandoned me mid mission aka Little TDJ got hungry and they stopped handing me jars. Imagine there are more jars. *lol* Here are the details:
Honey Nut Cheerios – 4 for $10, if 4 boxes are purchased, a register coupon for free milk (up to $4.50) will print for your next trip. 4 boxes at $2.50 each. Coupon for $0.75 off each. Net price per box $1.00.
PF Goldfish – Buy 1, Get 1 Free. I bought 8. Price per bag – $2.39. Coupon for $0.75 off each. So, $2.39 for 2 bags. 2 coupons will scan for a total for a total of $3.00. Therefore, the store gave me $0.61 per each 2 bag transaction. $0.61 x 4 “sets” of goldfish equals me up $2.44.
30 jars of baby food for $0.79 each. Used 29 coupons for $0.75 each. Doubled to make the items free. I did not use the 30th coupon because this specific store does not like to give you money back at the end of a transaction. So, net $0.79.
One gallon of milk at $3.99. Used previous coupon earned value at full price of $3.99. Milk was free.
Used 3 “personal thanks savings” coupons. Coupons previously earned from Gerber. $0.75 each.
So, final breakdown:
|4 boxes of Cheerios||$4.00|
|30 jars of Beechnut baby food||$0.79|
|1 gallon of milk||Free|
|8 bags of PF Goldfish||-$2.44|
|3 coupons not associated with specific items||-$2.25|
|TOTAL OUT OF POCKET||$0.10|
I am very diligent about my couponing and my shopping. I poo poo to folks that say there aren’t coupons for healthy things (actually there are, including produce and meat), they don’t have the time (only takes me about 2 hrs a week), or that it’s not worth it (clearly it is). Ha! Chat with me a few minutes and I’ll make you a believer.