Today is my birthday ya’ll! Happy happy born day to me! And I share it with one of my blog buddies, the lovely 1969! Happy birthday big sis!
I love blogging and the bonds that I’ve formed with so many of you. Thanks for stopping by regularly or sporadically, whether you comment or read in silence. I could wax poetic about everything I’ve learned in the last year, or about all the things that I hope this new year will bring, but it’s late and I’m too sleepy for all that. *lol* Instead, I’ll share 8 things I’ve yet to share with ya’ll. Why 8 you ask? Well, at first I thought 35 for my age, but again, it’s late and I’m sleepy. So, 3 plus 5 is 8 and there you go.
- Ya’ll know that I’m terrified of cats, but I don’t think that you know that kittens frighten me the most. The smaller the cat, the bigger the fear. Go figure.
- My mother chose my first and middle name so that my initials would match my father. I did the same for my son and husband. It’s corny, yet oh so cute to me.
- I’ve had 8 cars since I began driving at 16. I’ve wrecked 3 of them. Ouch!
- For the next couple of months, I’ll attend cookouts and kinda cringe to myself. I don’t like food cooked on the grill or bbq sauce of any kind. #pleasedonttakemyblackcard
- I had such a huge crush on Teddy Pendergrass growing up that I had an imaginary husband named Todd Green. He was Teddy’s younger brother. Ya know, Teddy aka Todd. Grass is Green. Duh. We divorced when I was 11 because he began to travel with Teddy too much.
- I keep Lifesavers in my pocketbook because I have to end every meal with one.
- I took piano for 14 years and hated every second of it. Now? I wish I owned a piano so that I could play every day. The irony is not lost on my parents.
- I haven’t had a regular Pepsi in over ten years, but every now and then when I see a bag of Lays potato chips, I crave one for hours.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!!