- I’m moments from smashing my blackberry to pieces. Seconds really. UGH!!!
- Evil side eye of death to the price of gas. Oh wait. It fell a few cents. WHATEVS!!! The media can miss me with that bullshat until it drops under $3 a gallon. **still kicking rocks at the gas companies**
- I have so many things to tell ya’ll about, but my memory is getting so bad! The thoughts are swirling in my head and by the time I get to the keyboard? Poof! They’re gone!
- Mea culpa to the lovely ladies that won the contest. I had the best intentions on making it to the post office last Saturday. ***side eyeing myself** I didn’t make it. LittleTDJ begs that ya’ll don’t send me any nastygrams. We’ll surely make it their this Saturday morning.
- After I drop the little guy off, I’ve started listening to books on CD during my commute. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed this!!! And, I think the looks on the faces of the folks that I’m next to in traffic is hilarious!!! I’m currently finishing Pearl Cleage’s, “Just Wanna Testify” and the plot involves vampires.
- There are 10 episodes of “The Good Wife” on my DVR. Every time I enter the DVR menu to find something for LittleTDJ, there they are. Teasing, giggling and snickering at me. Taunting me because I see no time in the next few weeks when I’ll be able to watch them. ***insert sad face here***
- I absolutely refuse to download the Angry Birds app. No sir, no way, no how! I need another online distraction like I need a damn hole in my head. I’m already burning up my iPod touch with that darn Words With Friends. So, erra, with that being said – if we’re not already playing, hit me up. My username is MrsTDJ. And as a friendly reminder – if we are already playing and our game concludes, I need for you to send me a re-match. I can’t initiate any new games because I have a gajillion open games and WWF doesn’t like that. #addictedtoWWF
- The air conditioning in my whip is on the fritz. Oh the horror!! Last Tuesday and Wednesday I thought my skin was going to melt off of my body. The temps in DC were about 100 and I thought we had traveled to the surface of the sun!!!!
- In the midst of that heat wave, I was off from work last Tuesday. I spent most of my day home relaxing in the icy abyss of my home air conditioning until it was time for me to brave the hellish temps to go see the amazing Ms. Tayari Jones, one of my favorite authors. Honestly? Anyone else or any other plans? Ya girl would have canceled. I’ll be writing more about Tayari, her lovely new novel and I’ll give one away to a lucky reader later this week. I’ll save all my gushing and such for that post.
What’s up in ya’lls neck of the woods?