Hey ya’ll!! I spent the weekend at home. No, not in the DC metro area. Nope, I was in NY. Long Island to be specific. HOME SWEET HOME!!! LI, NY will forever and always be HOME to me. Yeah, yeah, I’ve been in the DC area since ’91 and yes, I’ve learned to love it and we have a great life here, but NY has my heart. Forever and always. I was born and raised there, and most of my big, crazy family is still there. A few random thoughts:
- I can’t hang like I used to. *lol* Hitting NY and departing in under 36 hours wore me the hell out. I’m still recovering.
- My family is THE BEST! Loud, hilarious, obnoxious, compassionate, emotional, grounded, and dysfunctionally close. *LOL* I wouldn’t trade them in for anything in the world!!
- WTF re gas prices???? I miss my family like you couldn’t imagine but after dropping almost $200 in gas and tolls, I don’t know when we’ll be making that ride again.
- Little TDJ’s Easter suit? E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. a little dude should be on Easter. “He’s as clean as the board of health” – direct quote from my great Aunt.
- Damn! Why didn’t I take any of my Auntie Mom’s mac and cheese home??? It’s the best ever!
- Heading from Garden City to Amityville on the Southern State Parkway? Um, yeah. I knew where I was going, but I got confused. East, West, yeah, whatever! Thanks Grandma for letting me know that I was headed the WRONG way! Nothing like a little detour through Queens, huh?
- Thumbs down at not getting to see everyone that I wanted to see. Please blame it on poor time management. I still love you guys!!
- The Xbox Kinect is sooooo much fun! Big thanks to my birthday twin, 1969, for Dance Central. Had several hours of side-splitting dance performances from my family. Everyone got in on the action, from the babies (age 3) to the senior members. PURE COMEDY, especially “Push It” and “Teach Me How to Jerk”.
- Only one Pistachio cake Aunt G? Come on son! That was gone in SECONDS!
- Priceless moment – seeing my little cuz EST all grown up, with a family of his own! I was happy to see him getting his grown man on. Pleasantly surprised and very happy!
- Little TDJ’s new game that was perfected on Saturday evening? Climbing and descending the steps completely unassisted. Womp womp womp! But, um, erra . . . . we have a rancher. *lol* I feel sorry for MamaTDJ and DaddyTDJ. Both have LOTS of steps. Thanks goodness they are “young” and active grandparents.
- I really wish that White Castle had some locations in the DC metro area. Wait, wait, wait! Scratch that! If they came to this area, I’d get into trouble. And no, Krystal’s is NOT the same.
- The more and more I think about a family cruise, I love the idea! Now I just need to get my family on board with the idea. Pun intended!!
Hope that everyone had a great Easter holiday!