- With the holidays approaching, I miss my extended family more than ever. I’m planning a trip to NY in January to see them, but that feels like it’s forever away.
- Four more work days with Bambi. If you’re not familiar, please read THIS and THIS. Four more days. I can make it. I will make it. I will NOT lay my hands on this woman’s neck. I will NOT push her down a flight of steps. I will NOT take my phone receiver and bash her upside the head. I WILL host her going away luncheon on Friday with enough grace and decorum to make MamaTDJ and Emily Post proud of me.
- I saw “For Colored Girls” over the weekend. Eh, I gave the film a C-. I was very familiar with the poem itself and have seen it performed on stage. I’ve responded to a few comments on facebook and on fellow blogger sites. I could rehash all that I’ve typed around the internet, but blogger Thembi screened the movie and her post eloquently expresses most of what I feel. Check it out HERE. And, let’s just say that after watching it, the group that I was with decided that we each needed a glass of wine. At 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.
- The soundtrack however reads like a dream! Estelle?? Laura Izibor?? Nice, I might download it on itunes. Wait, wait!! My girl Lalah Hathaway??? I’m a STAN for that woman. She’s kinda like my BFF, in my head. *lol* I just ordered it from amazon.
- I love cheese. Yep, cheese is good to me. With the noted exceptions of bleu and brie, I love all other types of cheese. Favorites include gouda, manchego, Havarti, Gruyère and Asiago. Every now and then, when I have a few minutes to myself, I head to my favorite little gourmet market and sample cheeses for a few minutes. Very relaxing. I don’t dare take any of those delicacies home because I would over indulge.
- Is it me or is “Survivor” pretty lame this year? No smart azz responses about it always being lame. *lol* I’m speaking to anyone who is actually a fan and watching this season. The characters are all pretty boring, the challenges are all remixes of former challenges and the witty gameplay is dead. Maybe I just need to be done with it. Thank goodness the “Amazing Race” still thrills me. My favorite pair? Michael and Kevin, the father and son team from Sugar Land, TX.
- My son’s favorite thing right now? Our new ipad. Huh? What? Dude, play with your Fisher Price stuff! You’re not even two yet! Nope, he likes the ipad. And after a couple of days playing with Daddy, that kid works the ipad better than I do. He scrolls from screen to screen, knows the youtube icon and selects the episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that he wants to watch. Oops? Selected the wrong clip? No problem. Hit the round button along the edge to get back to the home screen and repeat the process until you get to the right video. He watches youtube clips that MrTDJ loaded, plays some game where you find like colored bubbles and he digs some little game where you touch the screen to make splashes in a pond. Since MrTDJ is an IT guy, this thrills him to no end and he’s mapping out LittleTDJ’s tech future as we speak.
- I wasn’t at all surprised that “Undercovers” got canceled. It was lukewarm from day one. Hubby was watching, but I’d thrown the deuces after episode 2.
- Sleep is overrated. Seriously. Or maybe I’m just hatin’ because I’m averaging 3 hours a night. **deep sigh**
What’s up in ya’lls neck of the woods?