- Hubby upgraded my tiny, old ipod nano to a shiny, new ipod Touch. Woo Hoo! Me likey! Seriously though, when did I become a gadget and technology girl? I feel like I need a new, everyday bag because of my increased # of electronics. Between my blackberry, digital camera, Kindle, ipod, portable hard drive and all the chargers that go with each one, I’m carrying waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much ish each day.
- Since Mr. Insomnia still will not release me from his clutches, I’ve been trying to be productive during those twilight hours. I’ve been working hard on editing novel #1, and I’ve taken to writing large chunks on novel #4. There are times when my thoughts don’t flow freely (will NOT call it writer’s block), but late at night, when I’d much rather be sleeping, they seem to run like snagged pantyhose.
- Looking forward to so much fall television it’s ridiculous!! Seems like a great crop of new shows this year. We’ll see which ones make it. If you get a chance, tune in (or DVR it) tonight for “The Event” on NBC. A girlfriend invited me a pre-screening of the pilot episode this last week and let me tell you – I’m predicting this to be my favorite new show of the year. It’s a mix of “Fringe” and “Lost”, tossed up with a little bit of “24”. Whew! And throw in a nice splash of Blair Underwood as the Afro-Cuban President Martinez???? I’m there! If you watch, let me know what ya’ll think.
- I need a day away from my office in a big, bad way, but I don’t see one anywhere in the near future. Normally, I’m a department of one and I report to the Director of my agency. She has an administrative staff of 4, but since June, one person retired, one moved out to the West coast and one transfered to another agency. Poof – 4 to 1 within 5 weeks time. We’re in a transition period for a few reasons, and budgets being what they are, we aren’t replacing those that have departed. So, ya girl, was drafted into service. Da hell???? Ever the team player, I screamed smiled and have been doing so many “other duties as assigned” that I’ve almost forgotten what my primary role here is. Woo sah!! I need a day off!!
- Three boxes of rat poison later, Operation Ground Hog is STILL in effect. GTFOH!! This critter has decided that our home really is his home and he’s too freaking smart to eat the poison. On a related note, I haven’t seen any stray cats in about two weeks, so, um, erra….
- What the hell?? Both my Giants and Redskins lost yesterday?? And the day started with such promise, as I watched the Cowboys and Ravens lose. It’s only week 2, so I’m not too mad at them yet. There’s always next week. I love, love, love football season!!!
- The elliptical at 4:45am?? Torturous, evil and I detest it with everything inside me. If not for my music, I’d never make it through a work out. When my ipod hits my “Get In Gurl” playlist and randomly plays, Beyonce’s “Get Me Bodied”, followed by Secret Weapon’s “Must be the Music”, followed by Doug E. Fresh’s “Keep Rising to the Top” and then Third World’s “Now That We Found Love”, I know that I’ve just gotta keep going to see what the next good song is. Then, the only thing that propels me out of the bed the next morning is wondering what songs I’m gonna jam to. What can I say? I’m a sucka for my music!
- A girlfriend called me this morning and we were able to catch up during our commute. We realized that we hadn’t touched base since June or so. Unacceptable. I vow to do better, with her and with others.
What’s up in ya’lls neck of the woods?