I’m an only child with a strong will and strong opinions. And, the older I get, the more I realize that I’m very much like my mother. She dances to her own drum beat and loves the life she leads. Lately it seems, my opinions are way, way south of the opinions of most people around me. I’m cool with that. I’ve never been afraid to have an opinion, take a position or participate in a debate. Folks have never learned or have forgotten the art of debate. And, as most bloggers have discussed before, lots of the folks in blogland don’t want to hear opinions that run contrary to their own. Most people love hearing the amen choir agree with them, no matter the topic. If I have time and the topic interests me, I leave comments, whether they are in agreement or dissention from the blogger or majority of commenters. Don’t like ’em? Get over it. Those be the breaks folks. I’ve even been defriended on facebook because I disagreed with some folks. Hold up. Defriended for disagreeing?? Yep, for real. **lmao** Not sure exactly which issue caused the breakups, but over the last few months, I’ve been in the minority regarding:
- I don’t think Alicia Keys is a ho. Nope, sure don’t. Do I think she made a bad choice and get involved with a married man? Yep. Do I think Swizzy committed adultery? Yep. Do I wish them the best? Yep, sure do. I hope that it all works out for them and for the baby they are bringing into the world. I don’t think that a mistake negates anyone’s right to future happiness. Cool your hells, I’m not talking about a “mistake” like pedo.philia or murder. Sometimes shit happens. I’m not excusing it or saying it’s right, but it happens. Those involved have to deal with the consequences of their actions. If he cheated on his first wife, perhaps the same fate awaits Alicia, but that’s her future problem, not mine.
- I’m not a LeBron fan. He has always reminded me of a selfish, cry baby that wants to go home in the middle of someone else’s birthday party because they’re not getting enough attention. You know the kid I mean? Suck it up, everybody gets one birthday! Yep, a whiny ass baby. I could care less whether he stays in Cleveland, goes to Chicago, or heads to the freaking moon. (Sorry Don!)
- I am completely opposed to Albert Haynesworth paying the medical expenses for the stripper that he allegedly knocked up during Super Bowl weekend. COMPLETELY OPPOSED! Yes, it takes two to have a baby; can’t argue with that. But, no matter what a man may tell you regarding a potential pregnancy, it’s a WOMAN’S choice to carry a child to term. And this chick decided to do just that. Now, all of sudden, she’s broke and enrolled on Medi.caid. And, because he “promised me he’d be there”, she’s suing him to pay her medical expenses?? WTF?? First of all, how do we even know if he’s the father?? Just because folks saw ya’ll hanging out in Miami, doesn’t mean he’s the father of your child. Any woman, on any given day, can accuse any man (likely a rich one, huh?) of impregnating her. Hey, I was hanging out back in January and bumped into Rahm Emanuel, no, Kermit the Frog, better yet Idris Elba. I’m pregnant and I want to sue for my medical expenses. GTFOOHWTBS! When the baby is born, do the paternity test. If he’s the daddy, then he needs to pay. It should be as simple as that.
- I hate the movie Claudine, but truly LOVE the soundtrack. “To Be Invisible” and “The Makings of You” are absolute classics!!! So much great music wasted on such a bad film. *smh*
- Dare I go back a bit further and tell you how many folks got their feelings hurt, their backs stiff and their faces tight when I was open about being a Hillary supporter? *lol* Whew goodness, I felt like I needed a bulletproof vest for a few months. I’m a Dem, so when Barack got the nod, I was on board, but nah, Hillary was my first choice. Whew lawd, some of the things that people said to me??? Amazing! But, that’s a post for another day!!
Speak on it ya’ll. Feel free to share your thoughts on the topics above (or not *lol*). When has your opinion been contrary to the masses? Did you share your opinion or keep it to yourself? Do you know how to engage in a debate?