- A mentor/friend reached out to me recently with a tremendous opportunity regarding my fiction novel. The only problem? The novel isn’t quite done yet. ***le sigh*** I have until May 11 to get my tail in gear and finish the damn thing. Wish I could fake it, but the incomplete parts are 2.5 chapters right in the center of the novel. Insert Homer Simpson like, “Doh!” Finding the time is difficult, but I am up for the challenge. I will NOT let this fantastic opportunity pass me by.
- One of my favorite female artists, Vivian Green, released a new CD this past Tuesday and I’m super excited!! I pre-ordered it from amazon and it should be here this afternoon!! If you appreciate great music and are not familiar with Vivi, I suggest you fix that in a hurry. Her last album was released in June of 2005 and I’ve been waiting for her to return. That CD, “Vivian”, is still in heavy rotation in my household so I’m hopeful that the new one will join it soon. YAY!
- My son has a sinus infection and seasonal allergies. Grrrrrrrrrrreat! He looks so pitiful with little red eyes, snotty nose and a cough that won’t quit. The sinus infection was bad enough, but now this week, the DC area is experiencing the highest amounts of pollen than I think we’ve seen in a while. Please rain gods, give us a little. We desperately need it.
- Way to go Virginia!! First you actually elect Governor McDonnell, then he stirs up a decade old debate and puts a proclamation out to declare April as Confederate History Month. Really????? And, to add insult to injury, the 7 page proclamation makes not one single mention of the state’s history with slavery?? Wait, wait, what??? Virginia without slavery? That’s like corn flakes without the milk. Virginia, stop trying to pick and choose which parts of history you want to acknowledge because you can’t rewrite it. FAIL Governor McDonnell and the citizens that put him in office. I wish my vote for Jim Webb could have helped him take the governor’s race, but sadly, we were outnumbered.
- I hate love Jillian Michaels and I want her DVD out of my home can’t wait for tonight’s session of “30 Day Shred”! She’s such a skinny heifer tough, yet motivating trainer. I will definitely never buy another DVD by her will probably pick up another of her DVD’s to mixup my workouts.
- Wow, Reverend Barbie??? What will they think of next. Check it out here.
- The latest corporate beast to make my list for craptastic customer service? Ikea. They had me cussing up a storms and trying to kick rocks from here to Scandinavia. Ugh!! More on them later. I’m still too irritated to even write about it.
- I just laughed out loud! I had commented on a blog post that Nerd Girl wrote and her response ticked me. Here it goes:
Me: I’m not a big fan of tofu or ice cream. Yes, I don’t really like ice cream. It’s just kinda ok to me, no matter the flavor.
Her: Not a fan of ice cream???? I can’t even comprehend what you’re saying…..
Bwahahahahahaha! Nope, me no likey ice cream very nice. Thank goodness for that!
What’s up in ya’lls neck of the woods?